- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Frozen broccoli, carrots and/or cauliflower, thawed and chopped
- Frozen corn or peas, thawed
- Cubed cooked chicken, ham or sliced smoked sausage
- crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- Chopped fresh mushrooms
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cooked pasta or rice
- Sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange condiments in individual serving dishes. To serve, spoon desired condiments into soup bowl; top with hot soup. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSoup Bar
"I have used this recipe since it first came out. I lost my recipe file and was glad to find it still here. I have recently retired from teachin Family and Consumer Education. While teaching this was a reliable standby that pleased everybody esp. teh school board for dinners."