- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- PARSLEY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a saucepan, combine flour and mayonnaise until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk flour and mayonnaise until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until thickened; add milk, salt and pepper. Whisk into mayonnaise mixture; cook over medium-low heat until slightly thickened, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into mayonnaise mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Run a knife around edges to loosen; invert onto a kitchen towel. Gently peel off waxed paper. Combine the ham, cheese, parsley and onions; sprinkle over souffle to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up from short side. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled, about 2 hours or overnight.
- In a blender, combine the parsley sauce ingredients; cover and process until almost smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. In a small bowl, combine mustard sauce ingredients; refrigerate until serving.
- To reheat souffle, cover and bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. In a small saucepan, heat parsley sauce over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Cut souffle with a serrated knife; serve with parsley sauce and mustard sauce. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 cups parsley sauce and 1-1/4 cup mustard sauce).
Reviews forSouffle Roll-Up
"This is an impressive dish to serve and very tasty, but the recipe should have stipulated that, when you remove it from the pan onto a dish towel, you need to turn it back over so that the bottom is on the outside when you roll it up. If you do it the other way, it falls apart."