- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sorghum syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, cardamom and nutmeg
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, syrup and orange peel. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cloves, cardamom and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forSorghum Cookies
"Followed the recipe exactly. My family loved them!"