- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sorghum syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, cardamom and nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, syrup and orange peel. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cloves, cardamom and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forSorghum Cookies
"Followed the recipe exactly. My family loved them!"