Soothing Chicken Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes16 servings (4 quarts)
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, simmer celery in broth until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Jun 26, 2011
I love to make this recipe. It is very fast & easy and just has a good flavor. I usually add peas to it or mixed vegetables.
Feb 2, 2010
This was a very tasty soup, but the murky color was a little off-putting. I used Mrs. Dash original blend instead of the seasoned salt and used Minute Brown Rice. I think I will try sauteing onion and garlic in place of the onion soup mix (to improve the color)-dry minced garlic and onion when I want to keep it quick. I will also add more veggies (to add more nutritional value and because I love veggies in my soup!) The poultry seasoning, Mrs. Dash and thyme were excellent!
Sep 26, 2009
Really, really GOOD soup! Out of habit, I added a bay leaf to my broth while I cooked my chicken, but it turned out to be a delicious addition. Keeper!
Apr 14, 2009
Excellent Soup. I exchanged a grain medley for the rice & doubled the thyme. It makes a lot.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.