Something Special Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. shake well. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes and cheeses. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the croutons, almonds and bacon.
Dec 17, 2011
This is a great salad. I made the salad for a Christmas party, and added a little more cheese, and refrigerated the salad dressing ahead of time. My guest really enjoyed the dish, and served with french bread, this salad is delicious. Yumm
Dec 30, 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.