Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer with chicken, chilies, cheese and tomato. In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk and hot pepper sauce. Pour over chicken mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cornmeal, milk and 3/4 cup onions. Drop into eight mounds over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes (topping will spread). Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 483 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1011mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Dec 23, 2018
Good recipe! This was really good and easy to make! A simple recipe that can easily be adjusted to different tastes!
Oct 29, 2015
This is sooooo good. I only had a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, so I used that for the fresh tomato and canned green chilies and I used the liquid from the can for part of the milk. Also, I only had smoked hot pepper sauce so I had to use that. I will definitely make this again.
Dec 4, 2010
I really liked this simple but very tasty meal. Hearty comforting flavor. I simplified it a little bit by just dolloping corn bread muffin mix on top.