Solo Chicken Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Serve over pasta. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cup: 520 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 1371mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Solo Chicken Stroganoff
"You REALLY need to like Stroganoff to like this recipe. My husband and I ended up trying to doctor it in a lot of different ways in order to make the flavors more interesting. Not something we'd make again."