VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sole or whitefish fillets
- All-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, optional
- Lemon wedges
- In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons butter and oil over medium heat. Dip fillets in flour, then in egg. Place in skillet; cook until lightly browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add the almonds, lemon juice, and wine if desired; heat through. Pour over fillets and garnish with lemon wedges. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Sole Almondine in Reminisce March/April 1992, p39
Reviews forSole Almondine
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2013
"Everyone loved this dish. I can see this becoming one of the family favorites from now on :)"
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2010
"This is excellent! The sole was so buttery that it melted in our mouths! Yumm!!!"