Soft White Bread Recipe
I feed 70 people at church every Wednesday. A good oven-fresh bread like this helps fill folks up and stretches the main dish.
- 11 to 11-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine 5 cups flour, sugar, dry milk powder, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat water and butter to 120°-130° (butter does not need to melt). Add to flour mixture. Beat on low speed until moistened; beat on medium for 3 minutes. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Divide into thirds; shape into loaves. Place in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 slice: 130 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Soft White Bread
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2013 Edited Oct. 14, 2013
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC