Soft Raisin Cookies
"I modified a recipe for cake mix cookies to make it healthier," relates Ray Amet of Kansas City, Missouri. "My family likes my version, with its mild spice flavor and touch of sweetness from raisins, even better than the original."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients; beat until blended. Stir in raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 126 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Soft Raisin Cookies in Quick Cooking September/October 1999