Soft Pretzels with Mustard
This double feature of dippers and sauce takes only a short time to prepare. The little pretzels are easily shaped using refrigerated breadstick dough. While they bake, mix together the mustard dip.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- On an unfloured surface, roll each breadstick into a 20-in. rope; twist into a pretzel shape. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack. For mustard dip, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with pretzels.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 109 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Soft Pretzles with Mustard in Quick Cooking September/October 2004