Soft Pretzels with Mustard
This double feature of dippers and sauce takes only a short time to prepare. The little pretzels are easily shaped using refrigerated breadstick dough. While they bake, mix together the mustard dip.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- On an unfloured surface, roll each breadstick into a 20-in. rope; twist into a pretzel shape. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack. For mustard dip, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with pretzels.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 109 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Soft Pretzles with Mustard in Quick Cooking September/October 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.