Soft Orange Molasses Drops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices. Combine the molasses, orange juice and zest. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the molasses mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 112 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 15, 2009
The cookies are very good. I foound the dough to be sticky when putting in on the cookie sheets and ould recomend chilling it for 20 - 30 min to make it easier scooping. Really good cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.