Soft Oatmeal Apricot Cookies
These cookies are a real attention-getter because of their spicy flavor. They are the perfect snack for a cool fall day.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, chopped
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in molasses. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into batter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until browned.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 138 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Soft Oatmeal Apricot Cookies in Country October/November 1997