Soft Molasses Jumbles Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine molasses and buttermilk. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with molasses mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in raisins and chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 157 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Soft Molasses Jumbles
"First made Sep 2011. We love molasses cookies and these fit the bill. Subbed 1 c ww flour and regular milk. omitted raisins. Will definitely make again."
"I've been looking for a recipe like this for a while. The cookies are so soft and have great molasses flavor. I doubled both the cinnamon and ginger and omitted the raisins and chocolate chips. I used an ice cream scoop 3/4 full, so I got 2 dozen beautiful cookies."
"Very good! Taste great."
"I bake quite often, and have tons of cookie recipes at my fingertips. My eyebrows raised when I read this one. My hubby likes a soft cake like cookie, I love anything with molasses. I enjoyed the unique flavor combination with the molasses, ginger- plus raisin and chocolate chips- different right?I have to say I substituted the mini chocolate chips and made them exactly as recipe calls for. They are good- and I will make them again, however next time I will add a full teaspoon of the cinnamon and also ginger called for, just to give them a bit more of the gingersnap flavor. Nice cookie- try it!"