Soft Mincemeat Cookies Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mincemeat
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and mincemeat; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 140 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Soft Mincemeat Cookies
"I had to add a 1/4 cup more flour, but that may be due to the moisture in the air. Very taste, a definately for our holiday cookies. Thank you for posting it, my mom has been looking for mincemeat cookie."
"If I make it again, I'll only use about 1/2 cup of choc chips. I like mincemeat, but the chocolate covers up the taste of the mincemeat. I was disappointed in the outcome."