Soft Mincemeat Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mincemeat
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and mincemeat. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 140 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 2, 2012
I had to add a 1/4 cup more flour, but that may be due to the moisture in the air. Very taste, a definately for our holiday cookies. Thank you for posting it, my mom has been looking for mincemeat cookie.
Dec 22, 2011
If I make it again, I'll only use about 1/2 cup of choc chips. I like mincemeat, but the chocolate covers up the taste of the mincemeat. I was disappointed in the outcome.