- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg, sour cream and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, ginger and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forSoft Lemon-Ginger Cookies
"When my brother tried these after I made them he said he would get up in the middle of the night to sneak some. ;) They sure were gone too, so think all m brothers took more than their share. ;)"
"Great flavor. Soft, mild, sweet. Comforting. Makes me think of something my Aunt would make. And I agree, great with tea!"
"I am glad you all liked them they are on my list for soon. I was wondering how good they are Thanks"
"Very good, delicate flavor. Great with a cup of tea on a rainy aftenoon!"
"These cookies are excellent! Great lemon flavor and just the right touch of ginger. Everyone I gave one to liked it. I got 3 dozen."