Soft Ginger Puffs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses and sour cream. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
2 each: 133 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 5, 2014
Absolutely delicious! This recipe is a keeper. Family, friends and neighbours absolutely loved them.
Dec 31, 1969
Very good flavor! Used dried "fruitcake" fruit blend from King Arthur Flour. Recipe came together well. With batter hardly spreading got the 8+ dozen baked in much less time than I expected to; also used my convection oven setting (325 degrees vs 350) and baking time was 10.5 minutes. LOVE the flavor and texture of these cookies; so did my customers. Will be trying again with prunes later today. NOTE: I prefer chewy cookies, so if you prefer the crunchy variety, this recipe may not suit your taste.
Jul 11, 2011
Very easy - and good. I modified the recipe a bit by adding dried cranberries and chopped dates with almonds instead of the raisins and walnuts... YUM!