- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 20 portions. Shape each into a ball; roll each into a 9-in. rope. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Brush warm breadsticks with butter. Yield: 20 breadsticks.
Reviews forSoft Garlic Breadsticks
"My family loves these breadsticks, and they are so easy to make! I like to sprinkle a little more grated Parmesan cheese on them after I brush them with butter."
"Made these as written and they were a great side with spaghetti...brushed the leftovers with some garlic parsley butter the next day, split in half and used for cheese toast with tomato soup...This is a keeper! :)"
"four words...totally easy; the best!!"
"I wasn't sure if I'd like these so I did half a batch. I really liked them except for 1 thing. They seemed too sweet for me. I only used 1 tb of sugar since the original called for 2 tb. So, I know I didn't mess up. So, next time I will be omitting the sugar altogether. I also put my oven on warm and let them rise in there for 15 minutes. I think I will try the 40 minutes next time. They rose fine in the oven but they seemed a little more dense than if I did it outside of the oven for the 40 minutes. Otherwise I really loved these. Also didn't have basil so that got omitted too. Delicious still! So, next time I'll omit the sugar and let them rise for 40 minutes covered."
"These were delicious. I made them to go with Slow-Cooker Italian Meatball soup from another website. My husband wasn't too happy about having soup on an early September day in Florida, but he loved these bread sticks and said they saved the dinner for him. Said they were better than the bread sticks from Caesar's Pizza. I will make these again."
"Most excellent! Reminds me of the bread sticks at Olive Garden!"
"very good. made exactly as written."
"These breadsticks were fantastic! Baked them to go with chilli for the harvest crew and they were gone in no time!"
"My family LOVED these."
"These breadsticks are simply the best! After they're done, and I brush them with butter I then sprinkle garlic salt over the top. Everyone loves them!"