- 1-1/2 cups crushed sugar cones (about 12)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups fudge ice cream topping, softened
- Additional strawberries, optional
- Combine crushed sugar cones, butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. pie plate. Freeze. Place 3 cups of strawberries in a blender or food processor; cover and puree. Chop the remaining strawberries. Place pureed and chopped strawberries in a large bowl. Add ice cream and malted milk powder; stir to blend. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and freeze overnight. Spread fudge topping over the pie to within 1 in of edge; freeze for at least 2 hours. Remover from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional berries if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSoda Fountain Pie
"Sugar cones are the cone shaped ice cream cones."
"What are sugar cones?"