- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSo-Easy Sloppy Joes
"These are really good. Love that the recipe uses rotel for a bit of kick."
"Made these for Halloween and everyone loved them! I doubled the recipe, still turned out great. Also I added Worchestire (spellling) sauce."
"This is not something i normally like. I always go ick if my family asks for sloppy joes. However that will no longer be the case. I wil be using this recipe from now on. It is WONDERFUL !!! Nice, fresh, flavorful taste ! thank you taste of home !"
"Packed with flavor! I doubled the recipe and froze half of it for a future meal.~ Theresa"
"awesome and easy to make. I'd make again"
"too much salt !"
"a little too sweet for us with both the capsup and brown sugar. All my gound beef tries always include diced onion, some green peppers and diced celery. I do like the addition of the spicey mustard."
"I had high hopes for this one but it was very blah. I even added another 1/4 tsp. of salt but it still wasn't enough. Maybe it'll taste better warmed up."