Pull out each goldfish graham and dip it in the soft center to snack on these pinecones. There's nothing more fun or creative on the cookie table this year!—Betty MacArthur, Portland, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours
- 8 cups fudge brownie fish-shaped grahams (about 24 ounces), divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup Biscoff creamy cookie spread
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 8 pretzel rods, halved
- Pulse 1 cup grahams in a food processor until fine crumbs form. In a large bowl, beat butter, Nutella, cookie spread and 3 cups confectioners' sugar until smooth; stir in crumbs.
- Mold 1/4 cup dough around a pretzel rod in a cone shape to within 1 in. of top; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Starting at the bottom, insert tail ends of fish grahams, flat side up, into dough to resemble a pinecone, trimming tails of fish as needed near the top. Using kitchen scissors, cut off tip of pretzel; place a small amount of dough on top of pretzel. Repeat with remaining dough and pretzels.
- Dust pinecones with remaining confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 524 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pine cones in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine