Snowman Sugar Cookies
Store-bought dough speeds up the preparation time of these cute cookies. They're so easy that the whole family—even little kids—can help decorate them. —Jean Wardrip Burr, Hope Mills, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 48 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 candy corn candies
- 1/2 cup Red Hots
- Cut cookie dough into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream shortening and butter. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Beat in milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cookies. Decorate with chocolate chips, candy corn and Red Hots.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Snowman Sugar Cookies in Quick Cooking January/February 2005