- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew, divided
- 1 can (10-1/4 ounces) beef gravy
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with a small amount of milk)
- 16 whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Remove 24 peas and one carrot chunk from the stew vegetables; set aside. Add the remaining vegetables to beef. Cook until vegetables are thawed. Add gravy; mix well. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Top with eight mashed potato snowmen, using 1 tablespoon of potatoes for each head and 3 tablespoons for each body. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, cut the reserved carrot into eight strips. Insert one strip into each snowman for a nose. Place three reserved peas on each for buttons. Add peppercorns for eyes. Drizzle ketchup between head and body to form a scarf. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSnowman Party Stew
"I made this for my Bible Study group last night and it was a big hit!!! They all wanted the recipe. Beware of the ketchup...you may want to use slivers of red pepper instead. If the ketchup squirts out wrong....and it will as ketchup does....your snowman looks like he got shot! :)"