Snowman Cheese Spread
This cute cheese ball snowman "stands out" on any appetizer buffet. He is so much fun to "build" and always gets a warm welcome at parties and gatherings. This is one snowman who won't melt away, but he disappears just as quickly once people get a taste of him.—Jan Sofranko, Melta, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced dried beef, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 5 dried cranberries, divided
- 2 pretzel sticks
- 1 small pitted ripe olives
- 1 small carrot
- 1 green onion
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the first four ingredients until blended. Shape into three balls, one 3-1/2 in., one 3 in and one 2-1/2 in. Place the 3-1/2-in. ball on an 8-in. serving plate; top with the 3-in. ball, then the small ball. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- With a knife, smooth spreadable cream cheese over each ball; spread remaining cheese around base of snowman. Arrange rosemary sprigs on snowman's head, forming a wreath. Place three dried cranberries inside wreath. Insert pretzel sticks for arms.
- Cut two thin slices from olive and make two 1/8-in. circles. Place circles on head for eyes and slices on body for buttons. cut one cranberry in half widthwise; place in the center of olive buttons. Cut remaining cranberry in half lengthwise; shape one piece into a smile and place on snowman's face (discard remaining cranberry half).
- Trim carrot to make a small nose; position on face. Cut top of green onion into a 1/4-in. strip; tie around neck for scarf. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 105 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Snowman Cheese Spread in Country Woman January/February 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.