- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup plus 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting, divided
- 36 lollipop sticks
- Sprinkles, M&M's miniature baking bits and red Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup frosting and mix well. Shape mixture into thirty six 3/4-in. balls and thirty six 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets. Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm and easy to handle.
- To assemble snowmen, insert a lollipop stick into a large cake ball and then a small cake ball. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to stand. In a microwave, warm remaining frosting; stir until smooth. Spoon frosting over each cake ball.
- Using sprinkles, add faces and buttons to snowmen. Add earmuffs and scarves with baking bits and pieces of fruit rolls. Let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forSnowman Cake Pops
"I love this recipe. The kids st my church will love them."
"The best dessert recipe in the Taste of Home catalogue in decades. A little timely though, but my grandchildren already love this timely classic :)"