Snowflake Bar Cookies
The vanilla chips Barbara Neuschwanger of Olympia, Washington uses giver her chocolaty cookie its name. "They look pretty," she describes. They taste pretty good besides!—Barbara Neuschwanger, Olympia, Washington
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the pudding mix, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the oats, flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Beat until smooth. Stir in chips.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Originally published as Snowflake Bar Cookies in Crafting Traditions November/December 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.