Snowcapped Chocolate Cookies
If you like chocolate, you'll love these kiss-shaped, crinkled cookies. They get their "snowcapped" look from a coating of confectioners' sugar.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl; drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into sugar. Coat with sugar and form into teardrop shapes. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.