Snowcapped Chocolate Cookies
If you like chocolate, you'll love these kiss-shaped, crinkled cookies. They get their "snowcapped" look from a coating of confectioners' sugar.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl; drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into sugar. Coat with sugar and form into teardrop shapes. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chocolate Kisses in Country Woman Christmas 2007