Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Top with eight mounds of mashed potatoes. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until potatoes are browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 463 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1760mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.
Mar 27, 2011
My family requests this at least twice a month. My 10 year old daughter is always like "YES!" when I tell her I am making it for dinner. :) Absolutely LOVE this recipe!
Aug 20, 2010
I used to make this a long time ago and lost the recipe was thrilled to see it. Thank you for sharing.
Apr 22, 2010
Boy, this is an old recipe -- from Better Homes and Gardens in the 1950s. I've served it since then. It's a good way to get veggies down reluctant kids.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.