Total TimePrep: 45 min. + standing
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Assorted food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the milk powder, peanut butter, honey and vanilla. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Let stand, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening at 70% power for 1-2 minutes; stir until smooth. If desired, tint some of the candy coating with food coloring. Dip balls into coating, then roll in coconut. Return to baking sheet; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 359 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 22, 2018
Theses were messy
Dec 31, 2009
Very time consuming but VERY worth the effert. I wasn't sure about the dry milk but it does not taste like it is in there. It is solid to the touch and I thought it would crumble away. It does not. The taste is not overly sweet and I like that very much. They were loved by all.