Total TimePrep: 45 min. + standing
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Assorted food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the milk powder, peanut butter, honey and vanilla. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Let stand, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening at 70% power for 1-2 minutes; stir until smooth. If desired, tint some of the candy coating with food coloring. Dip balls into coating, then roll in coconut. Return to baking sheet; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 359 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 31, 2009
Very time consuming but VERY worth the effert. I wasn't sure about the dry milk but it does not taste like it is in there. It is solid to the touch and I thought it would crumble away. It does not. The taste is not overly sweet and I like that very much. They were loved by all.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.