I love to collect recipes for all kinds of occasions. This sweet gelatin salad is one I often make for Christmas, decorating it with halved red candied cherries for "holly berries" and green candied cherries cut into "leaves".
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- Red and green candied cherries, optional
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and water; set aside. In a saucepan, bring pineapple and sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin mixture until completely dissolved.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in marshmallow creme and pineapple mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare whipped topping according to package directions; fold into pineapple mixture. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Decorate with cherries if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 141 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 24, 2016
Was looking for a new salad to have at Christmas this one was very delicious and got rave reviews from the family. They all agreed this one was a keeper!
Dec 13, 2010
it was easy to make and tasted great.