Snow-Topped White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
Just like snowflakes, these fluffy cookies will melt in your mouth and disappear before they touch the cookie tray. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cookie dough in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Add flour and vanilla to dough; beat until blended (dough will be slightly crumbly). Stir in baking chips and nuts. Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until bottoms are lightly browned, 12-14 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, mix confectioners' sugar, milk and extract until smooth. Dip tops of cookies in glaze. Sprinkle with coconut, patting gently to adhere. Let stand until set.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as White Chocolate Macadamia Snowball Cookies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.