Snow-Topped Chocolate Mint Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the melted chocolate chips and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set and centers are almost set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 151 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 5, 2018
My favorite holiday cookie. I've never been able to find mint chips, so I just use regular chocolate chips and add 1/2 teaspoon mint extract. SO yummy!
Dec 11, 2015
My daughter's favorite! No way did it make dozen though. Mint chips were very hard to find, but clearly a must for this recipe. Stock up when you find them!
Nov 19, 2010
Easy, makes alot.
Dec 21, 2009
I like them without the extra chips also-nice and chewy!
Dec 2, 2009
This recipe was easy and cookies provide great mint flavor. I think I messed up the recipe somewhere because the dough was too soft to roll in my hands after 2 hours. I also might not add the second batch of mint chips (just use the melted chips) next time. Other than my mistakes the cookies came out soft and had a great combination of mint and chocolate.
Nov 15, 2009
Where do you put the mint?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.