Snow Peas with Sesame Dressing
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Cook peas in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 1-1/2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Cook cauliflower in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine peas, cauliflower, water chestnuts and red pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour half over the pea mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 146 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 17, 2016
This recipe is a keeper! I DID use 1 whole chopped red pepper and instead of lemon pepper, I used 1/4 tsp. Old Bay seasoning! I used red wine vinegar, 3 garlic cloves, minced, 3/4 tsp. salt, but kept the amount of snow peas, cauliflower, water chestnuts, vegetable oil, sesame seeds, sugar, lemon juice the same! I used the entire amount of dressing in this salad! Thank you, Sue Braunschweig, for your recipe! delowenstein
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.