- 3 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Cook peas in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 1-1/2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Cook cauliflower in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine peas, cauliflower, water chestnuts and red pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour half over the pea mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSnow Peas with Sesame Dressing
"This recipe is a keeper! I DID use 1 whole chopped red pepper and instead of lemon pepper, I used 1/4 tsp. Old Bay seasoning! I used red wine vinegar, 3 garlic cloves, minced, 3/4 tsp. salt, but kept the amount of snow peas, cauliflower, water chestnuts, vegetable oil, sesame seeds, sugar, lemon juice the same! I used the entire amount of dressing in this salad! Thank you, Sue Braunschweig, for your recipe! delowenstein"