- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry or water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch and sugar. Transfer 1/4 cup mixture to a large bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon oil and garlic. Add beef; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef mixture; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining beef.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Add snow peas; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- Stir remaining soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return beef to pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSnow Peas & Beef Stir-Fry
"This was very good, however, next time I would make a slight change. I doubled the sauce ingredients as I had a large quantity of vegetables to use up. The sauce is just a bit too strong on the sherry for my tastes, so I would use half water or stock next time. I also used canned mushrooms as I had no fresh ones on hand, and they worked fine. I also substituted broccoli for the snow peas, which was yummy."
"Very nice! Flavorful. I've made it with broccoli too!"
"This is an excellent stir-fry! Simple and delicious. Love the sauce, not salty at all. Could not get snow peas, but used sugar snap peas instead. They were delish!"
"This was very good. I made the mistake of using regular soy sauce, it was very salty. I will switch to reduced-sodium next time. I made 3 slight changes: 2 packets of Splenda instead of sugar, switched out the 1 tablespoon of oil and used PAM to saute the mushrooms ad onions, and I used top round beef cubes, sliced in half. I also added crushed red pepper flakes to add some heat."
"Just loved this dish, served over brown rice"
"Excellent stir-fry recipe. Followed recipe as written. beef tender; snow peas crisp. Highly recommend this recipe."
"This was super easy to make, but I agree with the "too salty" reviews. I was blown away by how salty it turned out. I will try again and use water instead of the sherry and see if that makes a difference. All in all, it came together quick and easy, and my kids loved it (aside from the salt), great way to sneak in veggies."
"This is very good. I double the liquids, so I have more juice for the rice. I also add broccoli and strips of red peppers. I leave out the mushrooms."
"Very good and easy to make"