When my children were growing up, I had difficulty getting them to eat green vegetables. This recipe changed their minds. They liked the crisp-tender pea pods and tasty sauce.—Pam Rahmer, Phillips, Wisconsin
Recommended: 35 Chinese Takeout Fake-Out Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large skillet, stir-fry almonds in butter for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Add snow peas and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce until smooth. Add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Snow Pea Stir-Fry in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p20
Reviews forSnow Pea Stir Fry
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2015
"Both my husband & I REALLY liked this. He won't even eat regular peas. The only thing I changed was to add 1tsp minced garlic & some sliced onion. This is now in my keeper list."