From El Dorado, Arkansas, Dorothy Smith shares these tasty almond cookies coated in powdered sugar. "They're quick, easy and delicious," she assures.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in extract. Combine flour, oats, almonds and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Roll level tablespoonfuls of dough into ropes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets and curve into crescents. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool; roll in additional confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 96 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.