From El Dorado, Arkansas, Dorothy Smith shares these tasty almond cookies coated in powdered sugar. "They're quick, easy and delicious," she assures.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in extract. Combine flour, oats, almonds and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Roll level tablespoonfuls of dough into ropes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets and curve into crescents. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool; roll in additional confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 96 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Snow-Covered Crescents in Quick Cooking November/December 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.