Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook vegetables according to package directions; drain. Finely chop the vegetables; place in a bowl. Stir in eggs and cottage cheese; set aside.
- Drain beef; stir in spaghetti sauce. Spread 2 cups meat mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with 4 noodles. Spread half of the vegetable mixture to edges of noodles. Layer with 2 cups meat mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with four noodles, remaining vegetable mixture and 2 cups meat mixture. Layer with remaining noodles, meat mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 17, 2015
Yum! And so much speedier than other lasagna recipes I have followed. I used ground chicken (cheaper) & did not chop the vegetables after I microwaved them. It seemed unnecessary.-Theresa
Nov 13, 2011
Turned out very good - I'm just glad I thought to put a baking sheet under the pan to catch the spill over
Nov 3, 2011
I made this recipe for my family and we gobbled it up! Leftovers were also excellent. I loved it so much that I made it a few days later for a new mom and my sister made it for friends. Definitely a keeper!