I lightened up a tuna melt by switching mayo to creamy balsamic vinaigrette. Kids and adults both go for this quick meal hero. —Christine Schenher, Exeter, California
Featured In: Your February Meal Plan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pouch (11 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard, optional
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, mix tuna, egg, vinaigrette and, if desired, mustard. Place buns on an ungreased baking sheet, cut side up. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread tuna mixture over buns; top with tomato and cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Snappy Tuna Melts in Taste of Home February/March 2016, p18