Snappy Individual Peach Crisps
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 4 cookies)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, 2 teaspoons sugar, lemon juice, salt, nutmeg and peaches. Set aside for 30 minutes. Divide peaches between two 10-oz. baking dishes. In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until peaches are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 219 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Jun 4, 2016
My peaches were not the best, they'd been frozen for a while, but they were great in this dessert! Super easy to do, I used a round corning wear casserole because I didn't have the individual dishes, and just split it into 2 portions. Very good, and would be great with apples too!
Aug 19, 2013
I love this recipe. I make it in my toaster oven. I love the ginger bread cookies for the crust.
Oct 12, 2009
serve warm with ice cream yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.