Snappy Herbed Spinach
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Add onion; cover and microwave at 50% power 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and rosemary. Stir in spinach, rice, onion mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer to an 8x4-in. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; microwave 1-2 minutes or until firm and a thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 174 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 20, 2015
Made this tonight. Was easy to prepare. We did think that there was too much spinach. Next time would reduce spinach amount and add some 'other' vegies - such as zucchini, celery. I think a clove of garlic would also improve the flavour. Would have this again with those minor changes. Very nice otherwise. Thanks for a lovely recipe.
Jul 23, 2012
Instead of rosemary maybe basil, even fresh at this time. Or my favorite thing to use is LEMON PEPPEER blends. Goes with anything.
Jul 23, 2012
I have not made this recipe yet, but I would like to know what herb could be replaced for the rosemary. I do not care for this herb. Judith