Snappy Garlic Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Combine butter and garlic; spread over both halves of bread. Top with mozzarella cheese. Combine the Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley and pepper flakes; sprinkle over mozzarella.
- Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. Slice and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 124 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 23, 2017
Very good. My husband and son especially loved it.
Dec 13, 2015
Made this tonight. What a wonderful recipe. Something about that real butter making it taste better than the store bought version. I highly recomend this recipe!
Dec 7, 2015
Question, do you wrap loaf together in aluminum foil or just bake each half up on cookie sheet?
Oct 31, 2013
LOOOOVE this bread!! It was cooked perfectly in 10 minutes. It came out golden brown, but not too crunchy; the cheese was melted completely; soft on the inside. This will be a frequent side to our pasta dishes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.