Snappy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 5 hours
Makesabout 24 servings
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Italian rolls or sandwich buns, split
- Place beef in a Dutch oven. Combine all remaining ingredients except the rolls; pour over beef.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 5 hours, turning beef occasionally. Shred beef with a fork. Serve on rolls or buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 158 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Sep 15, 2017
Very delicious barbecue beef recipe! The chili powder gives it a nice kick, without being too spicy. I substituted the white vinegar for apple cider vinegar for some added flavor. For the barbecue sauce, I used a honey barbecue sauce that was delicious! I will definitely make this recipe again!
May 19, 2015
Really delicious and easy. I use a spicy bbq sauce to balance the brown sugar.
Oct 26, 2013
I hate recipes that call for "barbecue sauce." There are so many different types of barbecue sauces that there's no way to guess which one the author used.