Snapper with Vegetable Medley
Here are three savory items from one recipe. It's my typical Friday dinner when a quick delicious meal is the order of the day. The herbed rice perfectly complements the colorful veggie stir-fry and tender fish fillets. -Mary Ann Palestino of Brooklyn of New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 red snapper fillets (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion and garlic in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add snow peas; cook for 2 minutes. Add carrots; cook 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in vinegar. Remove and keep warm.
- Sprinkle both sides of fillets with blackening seasoning. In the same skillet, cook fillets over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 353 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.