Snapper with Spicy Pineapple Glaze
Ginger and cayenne bring spice to this tangy treatment for red snapper fillets from our Test Kitchen. Sweet pineapple preserves round out the deletable combination of flavors.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, vinegar, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne; set aside. Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Rub fillets with oil; sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Baste with half of the glaze. Broil 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste with remaining glaze.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 304 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Originally published as Broiled Sea Bass with Pineapple-Chili Glaze in Light & Tasty June/July 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.