Snap Peas ‘n’ Pearl Onions
Pearl onions add a little "pop" to sugar snap peas in this side dish. It pairs well with a variety of entrees.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pearl onions (about 6 ounces)
- 5 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onions; boil, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel and set aside.
- Add 1 in. of water to a large skillet. Add peas; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Add the onions, butter, lemon juice, honey, salt, dill and pepper. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until well coated.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 120 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Snap Peas 'n' Onions in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.