Snap Peas ‘n’ Ham Alfredo
This fast-to-fix entree comes together in a jiffy with help from a frozen pasta and veggie medley. Adding ham and fresh sugar snap peas really jazzes it up. Add some red pepper flakes to the creamy mixture for an extra kick.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen pasta, broccoli and Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare pasta and sauce according to package directions. Meanwhile, place peas and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Stir the peas, ham, oregano and pepper into pasta mixture; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 305 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1482mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Pork in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006