Snap Pea Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds fresh sugar snap peas
- Grated lemon zest, optional
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 16 cups water to a boil. Add snap peas; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until peas turn bright green. Remove peas and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry; place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 4 hours before serving. If desired, sprinkle with lemon zest.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 84 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 31, 2016
Made this as a side to a veggie-less stir fry. I only made about 1/3 recipe, which was plenty for 2 nights of meals for 4. .Fresh snap peas are very expensive in my area so not an economical side if making full recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.