Snap Pea Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds fresh sugar snap peas
- Grated lemon zest, optional
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients until blended. In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 16 cups water to a boil. Add snap peas; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until peas turn bright green. Remove peas and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry; place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 4 hours before serving. If desired, sprinkle with lemon zest.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 84 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 31, 2016
Made this as a side to a veggie-less stir fry. I only made about 1/3 recipe, which was plenty for 2 nights of meals for 4. .Fresh snap peas are very expensive in my area so not an economical side if making full recipe.